Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend happenings

It has been an incredibly long weekend. Can't believe I am still standing (well I'm actually sitting). We decided to throw together a garage sale for our neighborhood sale this weekend. We woke up at 6 on Friday and basically just threw our junk on tables. A lot of it wasn't even priced (yes, we are THOSE people...so annoying!) But I think people were happy with our super-cheap pricing because we sold a ton! (We will be buying our groceries with quarters for awhile!) I am just happy to have it gone!

Friday evening was spent with high school friends. We had a cookout/potluck, celebrated a friends birthday, caught up with out-of-towners, and met new babies. The kids had so much fun playing in the pool, sprinkler, and on all the fun play equipment. Charlotte was naked most of the time and I think she developed a reputation as a streaker! She also squatted and peed in the grass a few times (I have NO IDEA where she learned that, but it was not me!) Here are a few pictures.




 Jenny was here from Chicago!
 Jenny, Bridie, Cathy, and me

 Sweet cheeks!
After our garage sale Saturday, I made Chicken Fettucini Alfredo for a family dinner. It was Pioneer Woman's Fettucini Alfredo. I just added thinly sliced baked chicken breast. I highly recommend it! I served it with Trader Joes's french cut green beans, and asiago ciabatta. My SIL brought a salad from her garden (of which I am very jealous!). We had amazing chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I am addicted to this recipe-makes great ice cream sandwiches!

On Sunday, I took some photos at the double baptism of 2 friend's sweet new babes. Then we had lunch and yummy ice cream at their ice cream shop. Wow, I  just realized what an indulgent weekend we had!




No comments:

Post a Comment